Hello Listers,

I am having a random timing issue with a REXX that I am developing using SDSF
calls.
The REXX identifies the job name and number within which it is running and then
attempts to use SDSF to find and process the SYSOUT datasets already created by
previous steps in the job.

The REXX works most of the time, but sometimes when it runs, it fails to find
itself within the returned job list.

What I'm hoping to find out via this post is:

1)      Does anyone know why there appears to be a delay in JES entering the
job's output into the queue?

2)      Has anyone ever experienced this and, if so, what did you do to get
around this anomaly, if you did get around it?

3)      If this is a timing issue, is anyone aware of a means by which I can
cause the REXX to delay a second or two before attempting to read the queue
entries for the job (name) being executed?

I hope I've stated my problem sufficiently.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Chuck

Charles (Chuck) Hardee<mailto:chuck.har...@thermofisher.com>
Senior Systems Engineer/Database Administration
EAS Information Technology<mailto:DBA%20Engineering%20-%20DB2_IDMS>

Thermo Fisher Scientific
300 Industry Drive | Pittsburgh, PA 15275
Phone +1 (724) 517-2633 | Mobile +1 (412) 877-2809 | FAX: +1 (412) 490-9230
chuck.har...@thermofisher.com<mailto:chuck.har...@thermofisher.com>  |
www.thermofisher.com

WORLDWIDE CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: Dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient,
or an employee or agent of a system responsible for delivering the message to
the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please inform the sender and delete all copies.