On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 10:49:47 -0400, Tom Conley <pinnc...@rochester.rr.com> wrote:

>On 6/6/2017 10:45 AM, Styles, Andy , ITS zPlatform Services wrote:
>> Classification: Public
>> It varies between browsers, I believe.
>>
>> Chrome 55.0.2883.87 seems to play nicely - perhaps nicer - but IE
>> 11.0.9600.18665 is definitely not happy.
>-----------------
>Andy,
>
>Thanks for this, it 'splains a lot.  I'm using that level of IE, but I
>can't use Chrome because popups.  IBM uses FF, so I guess it's not
>surprising they're not seeing issues.

-----------------

Tom (et tu, IBM),

FYI, we also see a "choppy" OS messages.  We also had an issue with _no_ OS
messages at all, but this was fixed with microcode.  I didn't catch what "z"
you're at, and I've seen mention of both z12 an z13 in this thread, so for
completeness, we are:

z13 GA2 Driver 27
At "bundle 38", we had no OS messages at all...if I recall correctly, the
interface would come up, but nothing would display on it, no commands could be
sent (as in we couldn't even VARY CN,ACTIVATE after NIP), basically DoA.

We since installed "bundle 46", and OS messages are available again.  I do not
know specifically which MCL fixed the problem.

Scrolling works, but the screen is "Jumping a lot more."  Our operators have
also observed that "some of the messages have to be selected in a check box in
order to delete them." (interesting new "feature")
Our operations workstations currently have IE11 version 11.0.9600.18638CO
installed (slightly down-level from Andy's installation, I think).  I don't IPL
or watch IPLs much anymore, so I don't have occasion to use the OS interface.
However I use Chrome, and as others have reported, that seems to work OK.

HTH,
Art Gutowski
General Motors, LLC