yep ! OLTEP I believe HAD to run V=R - talk about way back :)

Carmen

----- Original Message -----

From: "Steve Thompson" <ste...@copper.net>
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Sent: Friday, June 9, 2017 12:07:00 PM
Subject: Re: curious: Anybody still use ADDRSPC=REAL ?

I have forgotten the name of it, but IBM had a utility for
checking terminals (I think that was it), and it ran V=R. I just
can't remember the name of it anymore -- probably because I
haven't heard of it being used for over 20 years now.

And just before I hit SEND, someone posts about OLTEP. That was
the program I was thinking of.

Regards,
Steve Thompson

On 06/09/2017 10:26 AM, Steve Smith wrote:
> The only reason I can think of for V=R is for an old program that builds
> its own channel programs and doesn't translate the addresses. That would
> have to be a very old program.
>
> sas

<SNIPPAGE>