On 6/13/2017 2:55 AM, David Cole wrote:
PRs do automagically cancel all ESTAEs created since the matching BAKR. There is a bit (in the BAKR's stack entry I think. I forget which and where.) that, when set on, causes an interrupt to occur when the PR is issued. This is how z/OS gains control so that it can do the purge of the appropriate SCB[s].

You are referring to the unstack-suppression bit in the linkage stack entry descriptor. It it used to trigger several different types of processing within z/OS when an entry is removed from the linkage stack, either explicity by a PR or implicitly by a RB being dequeued from a TCB after terminating (normally or abnormally).

Regards,
Greg