I'm posting this here because I was asked too. It's beyond crazy. As I
indicated earlier, we are trying to reduce spool full conditions by limiting
job output via ESTLNCT. Yesterday we set the limit on one system like this:

ESTLNCT  NUM=20000,INT=20000,OPT=1

We changed NUM from the old value, but added OPT=1 to cancel the job with no
dump. On this system only, a particular job started getting S722 for no
apparent reason. It produces hardly any output at all. We looked at older
executions-including yesterday before the JES change-and it appears that this
job has *always* produced the output exceeded message but with no abend because
of OPT=0. The output message appears in the job log even before the first step
executes!

We ran the job in a different class with a different job name. Always the same
message. Does this make sense to anyone?!?

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company