On 6/19/2017 2:02 AM, contactmura...@gmail.com wrote:> I was expecting 'SRB Abended, Inside FRR now' to be displayed before displaying 'Returned from SRB. In TCB mode now'. Because as per my initial understanding of SYNCH=YES, TCB will be suspended until SRB completes. But as soon as the abend occurred, the synchronization is broken. Your understanding if IEAMSCHD SYNCH=YES is correct. Your understanding of WTO LINKAGE=BRANCH is incomplete.

WTO LINKAGE=BRANCH processing does not complete synchronously like WTO LINKAGE=SVC does. Branch processing obtains storage for a WQE, builds the WQE, queues the WQE for processing, POSTs a service task to process it, and returns to the requestor. The service task then asynchronously reissues the WQE, so that MPF exit processing, logging, transportation to other systems, display on consoles, and the like, are performed for it in task mode.

What you are seeing is normal.

Regards,
Greg