From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Pommier, Rex
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 9:12 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: common storage usage question

Hi all,

Curiosity question.  Due to some storage issues we've had recently with old 24
bit programs, I am revisiting our common storage configuration - CSA and SQA.
Taking fragmentation into account, it appears that I'm using about 38% of my
allocated SQA and about 46% of my allocated CSA.  So I'm wondering if anybody
has a good feel as to what a "good" percentage of used versus allocated space
for these areas is.  How low can I safely go in free space in these areas if we
decide we want to try to eke out an additional MB of below-the-line private?
Our current private size is 11MB.

TIA,

Rex

The information contained in this message is confidential, protected from
disclosure and may be legally privileged.  If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
distribution, copying, or any action taken or action omitted in reliance on it,
is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
message and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard
copy format.  Thank you.