From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Jesse 1 Robinson
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2017 4:08 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Windows 10 auto update was Re: Eliminating the systems programmer
was Re: IBM cuts contractor billing by 15 percent (our else)

CAUTION:  This email originated outside of the organization.
DO NOT CLICK links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know
the content is safe.

After our So Cal z User Group meeting last week, I feel that 'continuous
update' has been misunderstood. We had a presentation on DB2
latest-greatest-and-beyond. I'm not a DB2 guy, but having lived in the
copter-wash of DB2 version upgrades several times in the last few years, I see
hope in the new paradigm.

DB2 will not dump changes on us unexpectedly. On the contrary, it's version
upgrades that enforce wholesale changes in huge chunks that hit us all at once.
A troublesome version change has to be dealt with even if it's irrelevant to
the installation. Continuous update allows a shop to pick and choose feature
and function and schedule the timing independent of other changes. If it works
as intended, continuous update will be a huge step forward.

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company