From what I can gather so far about Logstreams, it just holds a bunch of
different logs like Operlog, LOGREC, etc. but the data is still in it's
original form as if it were read directly from the original data set.

Bill

________________________________
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Jesse 1 Robinson <jesse1.robin...@sce.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2017 3:45 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Logstreams

Logstream cannot substitute for the LOGREC data set at IPL, which others
suggest is required. I checked our MSTJCLxx, but LOGREC is not named there. It
is however named in IEASYSxx, where we have coded
LOGREC=SYS1.LOGREC.$SYS&SYSCLONE ever since we moved to sysplex in the mid-90s.
I cannot recall trying to IPL without LOGREC, but I imagine it would fail.

There are good reasons for moving to logstream, but the ability to IPL is not
one of them.

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson