I think HSM will skip the volumes if they have ever failed a recycle in the
past?  So you have to manually recycle them one at a time (from what I
remember).

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Pesce, Andy
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2017 2:02 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: DFHSM Issue

So, I am having an issue with DFHSM Backup tapes.  I tried opening a PMR and
the first thing I get back is, "z/OS 1.13 is an unsupported release, and you
don't have an extended contract".....

Anyway, thought I would send this to see if anyone else has seen this issue.
When I list the backupvolumes, I have a list that looks like this:

- DFSMSHSM CONTROL DATASET - BACKUP VOLUME-- LISTING ----- AT 07:37:16 ON
17/07/12 FOR SYSTEM=MVSD

VOLSER   DEVICE  BACKUP   VOL   TOTAL     FREE    THRESH  LAST BACKUP    PSWD
EXP   RACF   EMPTY  IDRC  DUPLEX PCT
          TYPE    TYPE    FULL  TRACKS   TRACKS              DATE
                           ALT   FULL

S00012   3590-1  DAILY     NO   ******** ********  ***      17/07/10      NO
YES    NO     NO     Y    *NONE* 34.6
S00015   3590-1  DAILY     NO   ******** ********  ***      08/05/27      NO
YES    NO     NO     Y    *NONE* 20.0
S00043   3590-1  DAILY     NO   ******** ********  ***      08/05/29      NO
YES    NO     NO     Y    *NONE* 25.0
S00071   3590-1  DAILY     YES  ******** ********  ***      17/05/09      NO
YES    NO     NO     Y    *NONE* 96.6
S00094   3590-1  DAILY     NO   ******** ********  ***      08/05/31      NO
YES    NO     NO     Y    *NONE* 28.3
S00117   3590-1  DAILY     YES  ******** ********  ***      15/07/05      NO
YES    NO     NO     Y    *NONE* 54.3
S00133   3590-1  DAILY     NO   ******** ********  ***      17/01/10      NO
YES    NO     NO     Y    *NONE* 57.5
S00146   3590-1  DAILY     YES  ******** ********  ***      08/04/27      NO
YES    NO     NO     Y    *NONE* 96.7
S00156   3590-1  DAILY     NO   ******** ********  ***      08/05/31      NO
YES    NO     NO     Y    *NONE* 31.2
S00169   3590-1  DAILY     NO   ******** ********  ***      10/09/15      NO
YES    NO     NO     Y    *NONE* 54.8
S00170   3590-1  DAILY     YES  ******** ********  ***      17/04/21      NO
YES    NO     NO     Y    *NONE* 96.6

So, if you notice the second and third tapes on the list S00015 and S00043, you
will see the last backup date in 2008.
You will see that they are 20.0 and 25.0 PCT full.   So, I tried a RECYCLE
DISPLAY specifying a percentage of 40%.
I get the following:

RECYCLE BACKUP DISPLAY PERCENTVALID(40)

ARC0830I RECYCLE COMMAND PROCESSING STARTING

ELIGIBLE VOLUMES: 040%

LEGEND:

'*' INDICATES EMPTY TAPE

   S00071    S00170    S00191    S00255    S00480    S00487    S00597    S00602

   S00632    S00697    S00739    S00795    S00969    S00991    S01461    S01464

END OF DISPLAY OF VOLUMES ELIGIBLE FOR RECYCLE

ARC0831I RECYCLE COMMAND PROCESSING ENDING

So neither of these volumes show up on the recycle listing.  So, I took the
S00015 and did a manual recycle and
it worked just fine.   Anyone have any thoughts.

This email transmission and any accompanying attachments may contain CSX
privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the
intended addressee. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in
reliance on the contents of this email by anyone other than the intended
recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error
please immediately delete it and notify sender at the above CSX email address.
Sender and CSX accept no liability for any damage caused directly or indirectly
by receipt of this email.