We currently use the BLSR (Batch Local Shared Resources) SUBSYS for some of our
brutally randomly accessed files.  Something today made me look at the AMP
parameter on the DD JCL statement and I saw that it allows you to specify many
of the options that BLSR allows, such as RMODE31, BUFND, BUFNI, etc.  So now I
am wondering what the difference between the two is, and why one might be
preferred over the other.  Or are they not as similar as I am thinking?

Specifically, what would be the difference between this (our current usage):

//ICMMSTR  DD SUBSYS=(BLSR,'DDNAME=ICMMSTR@ MSG=I',
//         'RMODE31=ALL BUFND=10 BUFNI=10')
//ICMMSTR@ DD DSN=&DSNENV..ICM.ICMMSTR,
//            DISP=SHR

and this?

//ICMMSTR  DD DSN=&DSNENV..ICM.ICMMSTR,
//            DISP=SHR,
//            AMP=('ACCBIAS=DO,RMODE31=ALL,BUFND=10,BUFNI=10')

Any tips?

Frank