Answering you Lizzette via myself if you don't mind, your response came to my
work email and not this account :(

you Stated;

Think IBM recommendation is for CKPT1 to be in CF and CKPT2 on DASD.

That way if either fails, you should be okay.

Side Note: Moving the CKPT from CF to DASD or from DASD to another DASD is very
easy. We have done ours during the day time. The process is very quick.

There is a SHARE presentation from 2004: JES2 Checkpoint Reconfiguration

>From the z/OS JES2 Initialization and Tuning Guide SA32-0991-00

In general, to prevent a total loss of the job queue, you should use 2
checkpoints, specify CKPT DUPLEX=ON on all members, and place CKPT2 on a DASD.

Thank you so much for the quick answer, I was concerned about moving CKPT2 to
DASD and leaving CKPT1 in the CF because we have a DR scheduled this month
(local system) and I will be IPL'd both systems on a new CEC and I need to
maintain the spool integrity. I'll check the Share presentation you provided,
thanks, and thanks for the sanity check with the duplex setting.

Carmen