From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Rodatz, William J
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2017 6:22 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Removing Catalog Entries for Datasets That Do Not Exist

Hi,

I want to thank everyone who responded to my inquiry regarding the deletion of
migrated datasets.  It looks like all of the responses have suggested using
IDCAMS with the DELETE and NOSCRATCH control statements.  I tried that last
week.  I ran the job again this morning.  Below is the job log and the control
statements I used.  As you can see, a call is made to DFHSM to do a recall
prior to deletion.

DELETE -
     EH.FP78.RESBHSFL -
     NOSCRATCH -
     NONVSAM

ICH70001I WR99900  LAST ACCESS AT 05:52:53 ON MONDAY, AUGUST 21, 2017
 $HASP373 IDCAMS1  STARTED - INIT D    - CLASS Y        - SYS 9121
 IEF403I IDCAMS1 - STARTED - TIME=05.57.52  ARC0050A DFSMSHSM IS NOT ACTIVE -
START DFSMSHSM  ARC0051A JOB IDCAMS1  WAITING FOR DFSMSHSM TO RECALL
DSN=EH.FP78.RESBHSFL
*06 ARC0055A REPLY 'GO' OR 'CANCEL'

Thanks again for the responses.

Bill