Classification: Public
I imagine that a vendor product like CIM or TACM could surgically zap the
catalog to remove the entries.

I checked with one of our storage folks, he suggested that the catalog entry
actually has MIGRAT (I've checked that on one of my own migrated datasets with
LISTC), and it's actually the listing that adds the "1" or "2" depending on the
device type of the catalog entry. He suggests:

"As far as I can remember, the actual entry for a migrated entry is MIGRAT (as
that is a 6 char VOLSER entry). It is the listing of it that adds the suffix 1
or 2 depending on the catalog device type (either disk or tape) - but - to get
rid of the entries, you need to connect to the ARCCATGP RACF group. That will
cause allocation to just delete it rather than drive a recall attempt."

Sure enough that appears to be a valid group - whether you still need DFHSM to
be active, though..

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.arci000/endus.htm

Not really my area, so I'm hoping some of this will help!

Andy Styles
z/Series Systems Programmer