On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 8:09 AM, Vernooij, Kees (ITOPT1) - KLM
<kees.verno...@klm.com> wrote:
> I was thinking of the opposite obvious question: is the data also needed on
> z/OS or can they get it just download it and keep it there?

I don't think they could do that. The data that they are working with
initially comes out of the production data. Also, some of the
actuaries' processes are written in Easytrieve on z/OS, and uses the
"massaged" data. At one time, we did do some "duplexing" of specific
data items for their data warehouse. But during the "let's kill z/OS"
of the near past, a lot of this was "lost". Also, I'm not really in
the loop about what data the actuaries are actually asking for. It may
be a bit "high level" and "random". What we really need is to have
this data in DB2 and allow the actuaries to be able to do DRDA queries
against it. But "that costs money!!!" and so will fly about as well as
a solid lead brick. After all, why spend money when we can just tell
people to work longer hours?

--
If you look around the poker table & don't see an obvious sucker, it's you.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown