The SSL started task (GSKSRVR) provides sysplex session cache support, dynamic
trace support, and notification when changing from hardware to software
cryptography. The SSL started task is an optional component of System SSL and
does not need to be configured and started in order to use System SSL.

The default home directory for the SSL started task is /etc/gskssl/server. A
different home directory can be specified by changing the definition of the
HOME environment variable in the GSKSRVR procedure. The SSL started task reads
the envar file in the home directory to set the environment variables. This
file is a variable-length file where each line consists of a variable name and
variable value separated by '='. Trailing blanks are removed from the variable
value. Blanks lines and lines beginning with '#' are ignored.

1.Create the home directory for the SSL started task (the default is
/etc/gskssl/server)

2.Copy the sample envar file (gsksrvr.envar) from /usr/lpp/gskssl/examples/ to
/etc/gskssl/server/ with a new file name of "envar". By default, the full path
is /etc/gskssl/server/envar (change the directory name to match the home
directory created). Modify the LANG, TZ, and NLSPATH values to meet local
installation requirements.

3.Copy the sample started procedure from GSK.SGSKSAMP(GSKSRVR) to
SYS1.PROCLIB(GSKSRVR)
Note: The sample started task procedure routes informational messages, such as
GSK01001I, to standard out, while error messages, such as GSK01015E are routed
to standard error. If you want to route informational and error messages to the
same place in the job log, change:// / 1>DD:STDOUT 2>DD:STDERR')
to// / >DD:STDOUT 2>&1')

4.Create the GSKSRVR user and associate it with the GSKSRVR started procedure.
Replace 'nnnnnn' in the ADDUSER command with a non-zero value which is not
assigned to another user. ADDUSER GSKSRVR DFLTGRP(SYS1) NOPASSWORD
OMVS(UID(nnnnnn) PROGRAM(/bin/sh) HOME(/etc/gskssl/server))

RDEFINE STARTED GSKSRVR.** STDATA(USER(GSKSRVR) GROUP(SYS1) TRUSTED)

SETROPTS RACLIST(STARTED) REFRESH

5.Ensure that the pdsename.SIEALNKE and CEE.SCEERUN data sets are
APF-authorized and are either in the link list concatenation or are specified
as a STEPLIB for the GSKSRVR procedure.

6.Optionally, set up a message processing exit to automatically start the
GSKSRVR started task. The GSK.SGSKSAMP(GSKMSGXT) program is a sample message
processing exit for this purpose. To activate the exit, add this to the
appropriate MPFLSTxx member in SYS1.PARMLIB. BPXI004I,SUP(NO),USEREXIT(STARTSSL)

This starts GSKSRVR when OMVS initialization is complete, assuming the GSKMSGXT
program was linked as STARTSSL and placed in a LNKLST data set.

7.Optionally, set up an automatic restart management (ARM) policy for the
GSKSRVR started task if the default ARM policy values are not appropriate. The
element type is SYSSSL and should be assigned to restart level 2. The element
name is GSKSRVR_sysname. For example, the element name for the GSKSRVR started
task on system DCESEC4 would be GSKSRVR_DCESEC4. Since the normal operating
mode is to run the GSKSRVR started task on each system in the sysplex, the
GSKSRVR started task registers with ARM to be restarted only if the started
task fails and not if the current system fails. The TERMTYPE parameter of the
ARM policy can be used to override this registration if you want.

8.If access to the ICSF callable services are protected with CSFSERV class
profiles on your system, the GSKSRVR user ID might need to be given READ
authority to call the ICSF CSFIQA and CSFPPRF callable services. These services
are protected by the CSFIQA and CSFRNG profiles. If these callable services are
protected with a generic CSF* profile in the CSFSERV class, access can be
granted by entering:PERMIT CSF* CLASS(CSFSERV) ID(GSKSRVR) ACCESS(READ)
SETROPTS RACLIST(CSFSERV) REFRESH