On Tue, 29 Aug 2017 02:04:25 +0100, CM Poncelet  wrote:

>FWIW
>
>The oddity is that there are *no* edit macro statements after "ISREDIT
>MACRO (PARMSTR)". So why is an edit macro declared in the Clist?
>
>E.g. "ISPEXEC SELECT PGM(J00YCKAL) PARM(JLRCL)" etc.can be issued
>directly from the Clist proc and does not need an edit macro to do that.
>
>Sure, edit macros are normally invoked from the command line in edit
>mode. But they can also be invoked by Clist and REXX procs, and then not
>from the command line. So if JEM is a Clist that in turn invokes an edit
>macro, then 'TSO JEM + any parms' would be used to invoke JEM as a Clist
>(and ISPF option 6 could invoke it simply as 'JEM + any parms'). So, is
>JEM meant to be invoked as a Clist ("PROC 0 ...") or as an edit macro
>("ISREDIT MACRO (<parms>)")?
>
>I give up.

In Rexx, I have done in at least one case:
    address 'ISREDIT' 'MACRO (Arg1)'   /* Use Edit macro argument  */
    if RC<>0 then Arg1 = arg( 1 )      /* else use Rexx argument.  */

... This works in Edit as a macro (just for convenience; it depends on no
ISREDIT commands), TSO READY, IRXJCL, and OMVS, with no code changes.

-- gil