From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Peter Hunkeler
Sent: 20 September 2017 23:37
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: AW: Re: Extended format system ZFS files

>Although this is possible and you'd have a backup, I'd rather move chunks of
>folders at a time using USS-specific tools.

Why? What are you afraid of?

I can't remember all the details, but about 3 years ago we had to copy a really
large file system into a new cluster (I think because the old one ran out of
extents). Copying with REPRO turned out to be the fastest option by far. The
target cluster must be newly allocated and *unformatted*, and both file systems
mzst be unmounted during the repro.

--
Peter Hunkeler

MARKSANDSPENCER.COM
________________________________
 Unless otherwise stated above:
Marks and Spencer plc
Registered Office:
Waterside House
35 North Wharf Road
London
W2 1NW

Registered No. 214436 in England and Wales.

Telephone (020) 7935 4422
Facsimile (020) 7487 2670

www.marksandspencer.com

This e-mail is confidential. If you received it by mistake, please let us know
and then delete it from your system; you should not copy, disclose, or
distribute its contents to anyone nor act in reliance on this e-mail, as this
is prohibited and may be unlawful.