On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 10:40:59 -0500, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com> wrote:

>Dynamic STEPLIB has been discussed in these fora so often that I suspect
>it's the subject of numerous RFEs.  I suspect there are technical reasons
>that IBM has not rushed to provide the function.  Is the design of OS/360
>such that any dynamic STEPLIB would be incomplete or have unintended
>consequences?

Any dynamic STEPLIB functionality introduces potential System Integrity
exposures, because some parts (modules) of a program may have been loaded from
one library and others from a different, incompatible library. As IBM takes the
System Integrity of z/OS very seriously, it is very unlikely that IBM will
officially support that function, in my opinion as a former z/OS developer.

z/OS provides tasklibs, and some functions within TSO/E and ISPF to manage
dynamic tasklibs, which do not introduce such exposures.

--
Walt