We had a thread a while back concerning an XCF problem that resulted from CF
hardware replacement. (Too lazy to research the archive.) From my point of
view, the problem stemmed ultimately from OP’s practice of reusing the same
CFRM policy name ‘forever’ with new content. I still think that’s a mistake on
several grounds, but this APAR just popped up in ASAP. Sure looks the same.
IBM has accepted this case as PER and will provide a fix.

Note: I still think it's a mistake to reuse the same CFRM policy name over and
over, but I guess this one gotcha will be eliminated.

APAR Identifier ...... OA53531      Last Changed ........ 17/10/12
  CF TO BE DELETED FROM CFRM POLICY WAS LEFT IN PENDING STATUS
  WITHOUT BEING DELETED EVEN OVER THE PLEXWIDE IPL

"ERROR DESCRIPTION:
  Customer uses the same CFRM policy name (ie CFRMPOL1) with
  different content (ie S/N# and partition# for the only CF in the
  CFRM policy).
  When the plex was operating with CF1, CFRM policy was updated
  with CF2 which will NOT be actually connected to the OS LPARs in
  this plex."

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson