Yes you can. We capture every 5 minutes.

We start the task and produce messages that look like this:

+XWZ009I Testing... hlmsu=   38 himsu=   35 hcap= 100 hrmsu=    0
+XWZ000I CPC: Local Partition Capping State:
+XWZ001I CPC: WLM Capping %:  100 ( WTO Limit: 0 )
+XWZ010I Testing... MVSx :    35

We also use automation to capture the messages and send an email when we
are projecting capping within the next 15 minutes.

Interesting that IronStream is mentioned. We also have the free version
running on z/OS and are sending the above log messages to splunk and have
this dashboard:

I included a screenshot of a graph showing how you can know your MSU trend
with just a short glance. However, it was rejected by the list. We graph
today, yesterday and last week.

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 12:57 AM, Blaicher, Christopher Y. <
cblaic...@syncsort.com> wrote:

> Syncsort's Ironstream product can supply that information, and a whole lot
> more, every 2 seconds as part of its SYSTEMSTATE data gathering function.
> It can also capture SMF, SYSLOG, SYSOUT, LOG4J and other data.
>
> Chris Blaicher
> Ironstream Architect
> Mainframe Development
> P: 201-930-8234  |  M: 512-627-3803
> E: cblaic...@syncsort.com
>
> Syncsort Incorporated
> 2 Blue Hill Plaza #1563
> Pearl River, NY 10965
> www.syncsort.com
>
> Data quality leader Trillium Software is now a part of Syncsort.

Keith Smith
Engineer-Enterprise Sys Sr.-IT Capacity & Performance
Shaw Industries Inc.
Subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway
616 E Walnut Ave
Mail Drop 072-04
Dalton, GA 30721
Email: keith.sm...@shawinc.com  Office: 706.532.3244

Privileged and/or confidential information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or are not
responsible for delivery of this message to that person) , you may not copy
or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this
message and notify the sender by reply e-mail.
If you or your employer do not consent to Internet e-mail for messages of
this kind, please advise the sender.
Shaw Industries does not provide or endorse any opinions, conclusions or
other information in this message that do not relate to the official
business of the company  or its subsidiaries.