On Fri, 27 Oct 2017 08:36:02 -0700, Lizette Koehler <stars...@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>Dear List -
>
>I have been reviewing some parms that have been around in z/OS for a few
>years/decades?
>
>USEZOSV1R9RULES
>
>VSM USEZOSV1R9RULES(NO|YES): YES causes GETMAIN and STORAGE OBTAIN behavior to
>be unchanged from its historic behavior. NO causes GETMAIN and STORAGE OBTAIN
>behavior for user-region private area subpools that are both below and above
>the
>line to be implemented. Thus DQEs can be merged where possible. The default is
>YES to provide a seamless migration. However, IBM recommends that you specify
>USEZOSV1R9RULES(NO) to obtain a performance benefit for applications with long
>DQE/FQE chains for user-region private area subpools.
>
>To Display:  D DIAG

Wow, this is a very old item I forgot about.  I never revisited USZOSV1R9RULES
after
z/OS 1.10 so it is defaulting to YES.   I wonder what benefit it would be in
some of my
sysplexes with very large DB2 subsystems.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a health check written for it by now since it
came in a
t z/OS 1.10, but I do recall hearing of some problems from people changing the
option to
NO, probably some of them on this LISTSERV.   Maybe that's why the default
hasn't change
yet and there is no health check recommending the change.  It may be one of
those parms
that you know you have a problem or when IBM support recommends changing it.

Curious now to see what others say about it.   If changing it to NO would save
CPU cycles from DB2 on our large sysplexes, I'm all for it!

Regards,

Mark
ITIL v3 Foundation Certified
mailto:m...@mzelden.com