>My comment about deprecation was limited to the SUBSYS= keyword. I saw from
>other replies that Panvalet and Librarian use the keyword.

Just to remember: z/OS MVS's system logger provides support for SUBSYS JCL
keyword to read either logrec or SMF directly from the logstream:

>From the z/OS MVS Tools and Service Aids manual:
SUBSYS=(LOGR[,exit_routine_name][,'SUBSYS-options1'][,'SUBSYS-options2'])
Specifies that processing of this DD is to be handled by the LOGR subsystem.
The exit_routine_name is the second positional parameter and specifies the name
of the exit routine to receive control from the LOGR subsystem.
o Specify or use the default value to IXGSEXIT to use the log stream subsystem
exit routine.
o Specify IFBSEXIT to access records from the logrec log stream. See
SUBSYS-options2 for logrec-specific paramters.
o Specify IFASEXIT to access records from SMF log streams. See SUBSYS-options2
for SMF-specific parameters.

I guess (I'm not a vendor) that vendors might get access to documentation
related to SUBSYS= SSI function under some nondisclosure agreement or what ever.
Curious to understand where the problems with SUBSYS= lie.

--
Peter Hunkeler