+1

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Jesse 1 Robinson
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 10:44 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Shocking Bug in Latest PCOMM Release

Two words. Vista TN3270.

.
J.O.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company
Electric Dragon Team Paddler
SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
323-715-0595 Mobile
626-543-6132 Office ⇐=== NEW
robin...@sce.com

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Ed Jaffe
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 7:37 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

On 11/21/2017 6:57 PM, Tom Conley wrote:

> LOL that you expect a reasonable default keyboard.  WAKE UP, MAN!

This problem is not caused by a messed up keyboard map. Incredibly, the DEL key
simply does not work any more!

Believe it or not, as inconvenient as it is, it's actually a *less* serious bug
than what I had been dealing with in PCOMM 12.02. (Buffer overruns i.e., input
not accepted properly if one types too fast over a remote connection!)

I was perfectly happy with PCOMM 6.x and never would have upgraded except that
it didn't work with the Windows 10 Creators Update Edition.

It seems that IBM's testing of this product has become shoddy at best.
The developers are PC developers and not 3270 users. Clearly they don't "eat"
their own "cooking."

--
Phoenix Software International
Edward E. Jaffe