> On Nov 29, 2017, at 6:27 PM, Anne & Lynn Wheeler <l...@garlic.com> wrote:
>
> prior to gov. legal action, IBM steep educational discount and there was
> IBM mainframes in lots of universities ... then with the 23June1969
> unbundling announcement ... those educational discounts went away.
> past posts/refs
> http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/submain.html#unbundle
> <http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/submain.html#unbundle>
I guess I did not make myself clear there was a product (software) that IBM
sold/leased/whatever for learning JCL and other stuff. I installed it so I know
it ran on MVS.
I do not remember any details other than that. I was *NOT* referring to
hardware as I know a little bit about that. I am at lost to tell you the name,
god getting old is hell.
If I had to guess a date it was in the early 80’s but don’t hold me to that. I
left the job in the mid 80’s, so it had to be installed before that.
I do no remember if the education department used it widely, I do not remember
ever getting calls about issues with it.

Ed