From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Jantje.
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2017 7:30 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: IBM HTTP Server powered by Apache - very erratic responding to modify
and stop commands

**CAUTION EXTERNAL EMAIL**

**DO NOT open attachments or click on links from unknown senders or unexpected
emails**

Dear Listers,

I am migrating from Domino Go to IBM HTTP Server powered by Apache. So, I set
up an STC and can start that very well. I did include the

LoadModule zos_cmds_module modules/mod_zos_cmds.so

directive (well, it was there already in the sample httpd.conf) in order to
enable the MODIFY and STOP commands.

Now, I find the server to be very erratic in responding to modify and stop
commands. It is already an automation challenge to find out to what process one
has to send the commands, but that is not what I am complaining about. Indeed,
even when I am 100% sure to have addressed the command to the correct process,
only halve of the time it actually reacts to it. And even then, it does not
always stop. I've seen cases where it responds with:

2017339  13:55:39.45            -P HTTPD1,A=005A
2017339  13:55:40.64  STC12796   BPXM023I (WEBADM) IHS is stopping
2017339  13:55:40.65  STC12796   BPXM023I (WEBADM) CRIHS0002I IHS TMMETEST is
stopping.

but then just continues to run. In that case, the only way to bring the server
down is to use the apachectl -k stop from a Unix shell...

Has anyone on the list seen similar behaviour?
Were you able to fix it?
How?
Am I entitled to a PMR?

Thanks and very best regards,

Jantje.

P.S. I tried my friend Google, with various combinations of the words stop,
erratic, modify, not stopping, etc. and of course "IBM HTTP Server powerd by
Apache". All to no avail. A search in the archives of this esteemed list did
not yield an answer to my questions either.

lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN **CAUTION EXTERNAL
EMAIL**

**DO NOT open attachments or click on links from unknown senders or unexpected
emails**

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged.   It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you
receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any
manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please
reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was
misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your
assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.