> On Dec 7, 2017, at 1:37 PM, Mark Jacobs - Listserv <mark.jac...@custserv.com>
> wrote:
>
> We have an emergency use userid with it's password "locked in a safe",
> which can be used by authorized people when/if needed. How do other
> organizations better control something like this? I'm asking since we're
> implementing MFA for "special" userids, and I don't know how to fit this
> shared userid into the MFA framework.
> --

Mark,

AT one place I worked the sealed ID's were in the DC supervisor’s office. It
was a joke every month or two they would find a need for them. NOT one was
reasonable. I was on the group that did a day after run through and it was a
joke, but we couldn’t figure a way around it. As long as the DC looked the
other way it was a risk that management went along with. If we had had a
auditor that knew what he/she was doing we could have cut it way back. You
really really need an auditor that goes after violations like a mad dog, IMO.

Ed