On Mon, 11 Dec 2017 23:24:34 -0500, zMan wrote:

>OK, but that's not the intended use case for TRSMAIN, is it? So why risk
>breakage for folks using it as intended?
>Seems like you want a slightly different tool.
>(Yes, I'm being a hardass here!)

One use of TRSMAIN (AMATERSE?) often requested by IBM SR is submitting
supporting information with a problem report.  This is partly because Terse
format is relatively immune to the vagaries of FTP.

Once, for a UNIX problem, IBM pointed me to their instruction page which
required Terse.  So I made a tar of the UNIX files and Tersed that and left
IBM to deal with it.  They did; didn't even complain.

And many sites shun connecting the z to the Internet, so the path is:

    z/OS -> some desktop -> testcase.IBM

(Sometimes one of the steps is sneakernet.)

>On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 6:58 PM, John McKown wrote:
>
>> ​My application is: z/OS -> Linux -> different z/OS . I can't go directly
>> from z/OS #1 to z/OS #2.

-- gil