From: "Jerry Whitteridge" <jerry.whitteri...@ibm.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2017 12:21:55 PM
Subject: Re: Cobol upgrade 6.2 linklist

The issue with PDSE in the linklist is related to any PDSE that is in the
IPL linklist gets an tag to (I think it is ) XCFAS so that if you whish to
do dynamic maintenance to a product you can take the existing library out
of the linklist, but can't rename etc. You would then need to use a new
Library name to put the product back into linklist.

If you are not in the habit of doing dynamic maintenance the PDSE in the
IPL linklist isn't an issue, and if you can use different names it's also
not an issue.

--
Jerry Whitteridge

IBM Global Services
Delivery Manager
e-Mail: jerry.whitteri...@ibm.com
Cell: 602 527 4871 <---- Note New Phone Number

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> wrote on
12/18/2017 11:17:01 AM:

> From: Seymour J Metz <sme...@gmu.edu>
> To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
> Date: 12/18/2017 11:17 AM
> Subject: Re: Cobol upgrade 6.2 linklist
> Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
>
> It used to be that you couldn't have PDSE in LNKLSTxx, but could add
> a PDSE with an automatic SETPROG command. I don't know whether that
> restriction still exists.
>
> --
> Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?
> u=http-3A__mason.gmu.edu_-7Esmetz3&d=DwIFAw&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-

siA1ZOg&r=0avyVTgpzBFlo1QAgHxCtqKtRE6Ldl_1M9tI2p7Kc8E&m=C2kzwWYqC2ybVmHsfpyw64D6PNfA6yu1lS3vcYix7Vo&s=VBOFuf9SLwZLzw4062UipuCiuQswXhRkKon3Cw5np64&e=

On