From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Steve Smith
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2018 11:41 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: curious: Popularity & use of C on z/OS.

Whoa now... Java is a lot of things, but it is definitely not a

simplification of C.  You might call it a simplified ("different"

might be better) C++, but that's a whole 'nother thing.

C has very concise syntax.... you'd best invest the time in learning

it step-by-step, because little of it is intuitively obvious.  But

it's not that hard, and it really won't take long if you know

assembler and/or some other language.

sas

--

sas