>>>Browse could be useful for a file too large to fit in main storage
>>>(Nowadays?  Really!?)
>>
>> ITYM virtual storage rather than main storage.
>>
>OK.  Picky, picky!

I didn't mean to be picky. What I meant (but did not write) was the fact that
large main storage does not help as long as TSO is not AMODE64 aware.

>> VIEW/EDIT want to be able to read the whole file into the extended private
>> area (below the bar, that is). So this limits the size of the data set to
>> some 1.4 - 1.5 GiB.
>>
>Well, yes.  How often is that a problem?

Every now and then, do I have to look for the needle in a days worth of
operlog, which was offloaded into a data set. It is extremely helpful when I
can work with VIEW.

--
Peter Hunkeler