On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 08:34:36 -0600, John McKown <john.archie.mck...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I think what you are wanting is a way for a step in a batch job to "invoke"
>a REST service. Yes, you can write REXX to do this. But it is basically
>doing "low level" sockets programming in REXX using REXX Sockets.

Not necessarily. Using curl in a Unix shell script (which you can call through
bpxwunix) it becomes a lot easier.

The people at Rocket Software did an excellent job on porting curl (and other
Unix utilities) to zOS. Works like a charm. Thanks Rocket, you saved me days of
tinkering...

Cheers,

Jantje.