From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Bernd Oppolzer
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2018 6:41 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Silly C problem adding hex 6C

.. in fact, the original source contains some parts,
which are not ANSI C, for example cout (which is C++)
and iostream.h (which is also part of the C++ library).

Because I don't like C++ ... and the program claims to be
a C program, I would (as a QA person) force the coder to
eliminate these parts of the code.

Kind regards

Bernd

Am 09.02.2018 um 12:32 schrieb Bernd Oppolzer:
> Am 09.02.2018 um 07:45 schrieb Elardus Engelbrecht:
>> Bernd Oppolzer wrote:
>>
>>> To be more pedantic, use additional parantheses:
>>> ASXB = (int *) (((char *) ASCB) + 0x6c);
>> I C     ( "I see"   ;-D )
>>
>> Seriously, I find this whole thread very interesting.
>>
>> Just a question please and please excuse my ignorance.
>>
>> Are these discussions about C or C++?
>>
>> Because:
>>
>> OP said 'crawl my way around C/C++'
>> Shmuel and Paul are talking about C and Charles talked about C++ (for
>> his 2 templates)
>>
>> Feel free to teach me so I can C...
>>
>> TIA!
>>
>> Groete / Greetings
>> Elardus Engelbrecht
>>

> I went back to the original post which started the thread;
> the OP said "C / C++", but posted a C program (called jn2.c),
> so I guess, the discussion should in fact be about C.
>
> a) It's all pure C syntax
> b) with C++, the filetype would have been "cpp"
>
> HTH, kind regards
>
> Bernd

This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or
otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you
received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it
to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete
the e-mail from your system.