Yes - this is a It Depends kind of answer

How active is the environment
   Are you providing application support or just system software support
   Do you have a lot of changes going on or only a few
   Do you have a lot of database applications or only a few
   Do you have a lot of third part products or only a few

I would start by identifying your configuration.  The list you have is a start

              ... Assuming that I have the below:

              1) # of LPARs.
              2) # of ISV products.
              3) Automation on z/os on all LPARs.
              4) Storage
              5) MIPS
              6) # of CICS regions
              7) # of DB2 subsystems
              8) MQ regions
              9) # of WAS
              10) # of IMS subsystems

          More things to add...

          .... 11) Network infrastructure including remote connection.
          .... 12) Security product(s)
          .... 13) PPRC and what else too for your storage...
          .... 14) You forgot about DRP. This will certainly double (sort off)
your 'effort'.
          .... 15) Workstations to access above things ...
          .... 16) XCF, Sysplex Timers
          .... 17) Add more toys and tools including having a 'Sandbox' LPAR for
SMP/E and testing out products.

With a z/OS environment you should have a process in place that can automate
some of the functions.  But, when you have a major change, like a CPU Upgrade,
TAPE/DASD Upgrade, Network Upgrade, Software upgrade, you should have from past
experience how many people that takes and how long.

With more FTE or Contractors to do the work, the less time it will take.  The
less - the more time it takes.  And when does Management expect these changes to
occur.  It does not help if the staff available is working 20 hour days to
support Management's need.  And you will have less people fairly fast if they
are working every weekend in order to make timelines

Plus during this process you have Day to Day functions that need to be brought
into this equation.  Coworker who stops by to have someone look at his/her
failed job.  That is unaccounted time that still needs to be accounted for

If change records are used for installs, then that can help to determine what it
takes to do these events

One area not on you list is Capacity Planning and Performance Tuning.  Depending
on tools available, you may 1-2 people for this effort.  Production workload
needs to be reviewed to ensure it performs in the environment

Lizette