The Digital Millennium Copyright Act does not apply to using a virtual CPUID
under VM.  But regardless of the reason, you should always read a license
before you sign anything.  Although, unless they have specific language the
specifically disallows you to use the software under VM using a virtual CPUID,
then you are quite safe.

Brian