On Tue, 1 May 2018 11:33:07 -0700, Ed Jaffe wrote:

>It might be nice if DDLIST had an A[PF] column, with a checkbox to
>indicate APF authorized, on the data set list you see at entry -- which
>includes STEPLIB data sets. Or maybe just have APF authorized rows
>displayed in a different color.
>
>But that solves the problem only for your current TSO session. In this
>case, we're discussing a general solution for any address space
>including batch jobs, started tasks, etc.

I had envisioned using TSO ALLOCATE ad hoc to make such concatenations
available in TSO.  Of course it would be nicer if TSO understood JCL DD
statements with no need to translate then to ALLOCATE, or if DDLIST could
run in batch.  (Can DDLIST run headless, under batch ISPF?)

History and risque wordplay aside, I take the first three characters of "UNIX"
to mean UNIform.  I admire that single-language philosophy.

-- gil