On 5/1/2018 9:22 AM, Steve Cross wrote:
I have inherited a z/OS 1.13 system that has not had any maintenance
applied since mid-2015 and I need to bring it up to date before
upgrading to 2.2 (ordered ready for installation). All but one of the
required toleration/fall-back ptfs have been applied. Is it safe just
to order maintenance excluding superseded ptfs ? I was thinking of
the size of the download and subsequent RECEIVE / APPLY.

Yup, it should be safe, if excluding superseded PTFs is even an option. Being honest, I don't remember it that is still a choice on Shopz (as you might imagine I only use SMP/E RECEIVE ORDER, which does not have that option).

Kurt Quackenbush -- IBM, SMP/E Development