From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Adams, Anne (DTI)
Sent: Thursday, May 3, 2018 10:24 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: WLM?

Question for any WLM/performance geniuses,

Our Inforprint processes suffer when the system gets slow and therefore
print slows. The Infoprint manual suggests changing the WLM Service Class
for these processes thusly:

* Service Class OMVSDMN - OMVS Print Daemons

  Base goal:
  CPU Critical = NO    I/O Priority Group = NORMAL

    #  Duration   Imp  Goal description
    -  ---------  -    ----------------------------------------
    1  200        3    80% complete within 00:00:00.500
    2  600        4    60% complete within 00:00:01.000
    3                 5    Execution velocity of 40

It's that last period that has us confused. It appears that the first two
periods are never attempted and everything falls into the third one (which
is not what we want, we want the first one). Should the third one be more
like the first two?

Anne R. Adams, CISSP
DTI, Systems Engineering
Lead Mainframe Services Analyst
302.739.9500

We support the mainframe, it just works.

to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN