We have recently converted to RMM. I need to init a bunch of used tapes that already have a volid. I have hit several problems and it just seems that the only way to do what I need is to process the tapes twice.

Using EDGINERS, it appears that you can only change a volid if the existing volid is already in the RMM catalog. These tapes are not in the catalog.

So, it looks like I need to relabel the tapes using other tools, such as IEHINITT, then run EDGINERS against the tape.

Did I miss something that would make this a much simpler process?

--
Tony Thigpen