Hi Wayne. Let's forget about AM32. There's no
convenient way to add that. All the bits in BSM
are taken already. I would like to be able to run
a pure AM64 z/OS environment though.

You mentioned that AM32 would need to switch
to AM31 because of the variable length parameters.
That is not the case if the AM31 subroutine is
updated to remove the high bit with N x'7FFFFFFF'
instead of ignoring the bit or trying to remove it
with LA.

That's fine. That's part of the conversion effort to
produce a pure AM64 site that runs both 32-bit
and 64-bit programs. Better than Windows which
can also do the same thing, but has to stuff
around internally because x64 can't run 32-bit
programs in 64-bit mode, but z/Arch CAN!!!
Maybe this can be a selling point of z/Arch. Pure
64 is possible.

BFN. Paul.