From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Jesse 1 Robinson
Sent: Tuesday, June 5, 2018 11:32 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: SORTLIB DD

We have a DFSORT job that wolfs down enormous amounts of SORTWK space. It has
been exceeding the DASD capacity on the system where it runs, so we advised the
user to point SORTWK to tape instead of DASD. Now it fails with

IEC130I SORTLIB  DD STATEMENT MISSING
IEF472I CIHM373 STEP010 CIHM373 - COMPLETION CODE - SYSTEM=000 USER=0063

IBM doc indicates the need for SORTLIB with a 'tape sort'. We have no working
example to share with the user. My question: what should DD SORTLIB point to?
SMPE puts load modules into

SYS1.SORTLIB
SYS1.SICELINK

Should the user specify only the first one or both? I hate to drag them into a
sysprog guessing game.

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson