On 6/6/2018 6:35 AM, Jantje. wrote:
> I'll stick with IBMMAIN-L if you don't mind. Have already too many
> subscriptions as it is...

If you have the impression that it's strictly a push-based system
("subscription"), that's incorrect.  I believe they're asking for emails
because they do authenticated voting on the proposals ... at a very high
level, the site is a socially-influenced system where alternative
answers can be voted on, modified, etc so that the consensus tends to
float to the top.

Like most of the net, (assuming the proposal receives enough votes, and
gets past whatever other admin/process steps might follow that) anyone
can read (or search) the content without authenticating or having a
site-specific login.

If you want an example of what the resulting discussion can look like,
here is the first one from stackexchange.com today (and as a plus, it's
topical + amusing)
https://worldbuilding.stackexchange.com/questions/114033/how-can-santa-keep-his-lists-when-gdpr-is-around

--
John Arwe