>Once the delay is long enough, the CP does the work.  They cost about 10X the
>price of zIIPs.

I understand the potential impact on the software bill zIIP-on-CP might have.
That is not the point I want to get a better understanding. I'm interested in
the technical aspects, only.

IMHO, from a technical point of view the invention of zIIPs and zAAPs is pure
bullshit. From a financial point of view they are helping lowering costs -- and
that is their only reason to be.

I predict (and no I don't have any insight into IBM's plans) zIIPs will be gone
in the not so distant future. Container Pricing makes the zIIP/zAAP concept
superfluous.

--
Peter Hunkeler