From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Dyck, Lionel B. (RavenTek)
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2018 8:33 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [External] Change in ls -la behavior from 2.2 to 2.3

With z/OS 2.2 the command:  ls -la /etc returns:

total 1644
drwxr-xr-x  16 MVSTCP   OMVSGRP     8192 Aug 10  2016 .
drwxr-xr-x  17 MVSTCP   OMVSGRP     8192 Oct 19  2017 ..
-rwxr-xr-x   1 MVSTCP   OMVSGRP    24486 Mar 19  2009 CSDIBMEF
drwxr-xr-x   2 MVSTCP   OMVSGRP      256 Sep 25  2008 Printsrv
-rwx------   1 MVSTCP   OMVSGRP       85 Jul 28  2016 auto.master
drwxr-xr-x   2 MVSTCP   OMVSGRP      256 Sep 25  2008 bpa

But on z/OS 2.3 it returns this:

lrwxrwxrwx   1 OMVSKERN IPGROUP       12 Oct 29  2014 /etc -> $SYSNAME/etc

Why this change and did I just miss this in the upgrade documentation?

Thanks

Lionel B. Dyck (Contractor)  <sdg><
Mainframe Systems Programmer - RavenTek Solution Partners
Service Operations - Infrastructure Operations
Office of Information and Technology, IT Operations and Services
Office: 512-326-6173

The information contained in this message is confidential, protected from
disclosure and may be legally privileged.  If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
distribution, copying, or any action taken or action omitted in reliance on it,
is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
message and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard
copy format.  Thank you.