On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 1:03 PM Ana Paula <anapaul...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I'm new on z/VM and new in another company. I took the z/vm to watch
> how it was configured, and there is a problem.
>
> *1) We don't have IBM support, so i can't contact them. *
>
> *2) HCPVSS427E Console 0009 system spool space full; file held*

​This may be of some help -- how to PURGE SPOOL files.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSB27U_6.4.0/com.ibm.zvm.v640.hcpb7/purgecmd.htm

You _might_ want something like (USE AT OWN RISK!)

PURGE SYSTEM PRT ALL

(after doing a SPOOL CLOSE as mentioned in another post)

To find out what is on the SPOOL, try here:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSB27U_6.4.0/com.ibm.zvm.v640.hcpb7/qrdrpp.htm

QUERY PRT SYSTEM ALL

I _think_ that the above is correct. But I don't currently have a z/VM
system to test it on.​

> *At manual it says:  *
>
> Operator Response:  Make an attempt to reduce the spooling load on the
> system
> as soon as possible. You may use SPXTAPE to save selected spool files on
> tape
> before purging them. If the real reader file is purged, try the read
> operation
> again when more space is available.
>

> Programmer Response:  For NSS type files, purge unnecessary system data
> files
> or spool files to reclaim spool space. For system trace files, purge
>
> unnecessary system data files or spool file files and reissue the TRSOURCE
> or
> TRSAVE command.
>

> ******
>
> I have no idea how to clear/purge files in a console on z/VM. How can i do
> it? And I'm having a problem at startup of DirMaint, and i don't know if
> this issue has something with it. I've never used DirMaint before.
>
> ******
>
> *query alloc spool   *
>                 EXTENT     EXTENT  TOTAL  PAGES   HIGH    %
> VOLID  RDEV      START        END  PAGES IN USE   PAGE USED
> ------ ---- ---------- ---------- ------ ------ ------ ----
> M01S01 3333          1      10016  1761K 294988 939585  16% DR
>                                   ------ ------        ----
> SUMMARY                            1761K 294988         16%
> USABLE                                 0      0          0%
> DRAINING                           1761K 294988         16%
> Ready; T=0.01/0.01 14:46:43
>
> *Thanks at advance.*
>
> *Regards, *
>
> Ana Paula
> *Z/OS and trying to be z/VM support analyst. *
>
> --
> Abraços,
> Ana
>

> *Não faças de ti um sonho a realizar. Vai.(Cecília Meireles)
>

> *Ana Paula de Mendonça Braga *

There is no such thing as the Cloud. It is just somebody else’s computer.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown