On Thu, 5 Jul 2018 16:28:10 -0300, Clark Morris <cfmt...@uniserve.com> wrote:

>For batch processes how does the i series command language compare to
>JCL.

One typically uses CL to program ones batch jobs. And when I say 'program' that
is exactly what I mean. CL is a very complete programming language. It really
does not compare to JCL on mainframe; it is way more powerful.

> How are competing requests for file access handled?

Depends on how you set up commitment control for your job. From 'not-at-all' to
full-blown 2-phase commit; just tell the system what you need for that
particular job.

Cheers,

Jantje.