*How can it infer the difference between KEEP and DELETE?  (Or is thatthe
"mostly" part?)-- gil*

*On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 4:48 AM, Paul Gilmartin
<0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu
<0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu>> wrote:*

> *On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 14:23:34 -0400, Tony Thigpen wrote: > >Take a simple
> "I want to use a VSAM file". Here is what is normally used: >z/OS:
> >//POLYUPD  DD DSN=PROD.HKY.VSAM.HPP002P.F03,DISP=SHR >z/VSE: >// DLBL
> TEITEST,'TEI.TEST.VSAM',,VSAM,CAT=VSESPUC > >z/OS (mostly) requires a
> DISP=. VSE (mostly) does not. VSE determines >the correct setting at open
> time. > How can it infer the difference between KEEP and DELETE?  (Or is
> that the "mostly" part?) -- gil *

> For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email
> to lists...@listserv.ua.edu <lists...@listserv.ua.edu> with the message:
> INFO IBM-MAIN *

How does z/OS have a JCL DELETE option for a VSAM file? As far as I know,a
VSAM file has to be explicitly DELETE/DEFINED using IDCAMS.