>Perhaps the OP should also put in the "estimate" on how big the input for all
>the sorting work is in other terms.

>Something like this: Have REGION=<really large> and OPTION
>DYNSPC=512,SIZE=E999999999,MAINSIZE=MAX (which is working for my hungry sort
>jobs.)

The OP (me :-) wrote in the initial post that the application *cannot* provide
an estimate.

I did not write about the fact that DFSORT sometimes decides it cannot do
in-memory sorting because it would hurt the overall system health. I did not
because that is not part of my questions. Be assured I do understand the
in-memory options DFSORT provides.

--
Peter Hunkeler