From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu> on behalf of
Farley, Peter x23353 <peter.far...@broadridge.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2018 12:38 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu
Subject: Re: REXX as JCL replacement

It was explained to me in my brief contact with the language back in the early
1970's that WFL was essentially a dialect of Algol 60 with no I/IO facilities.

What it grew to become in later years I don't know.  It would be interesting
(if I had round tuits) to give the Unisys manual a thorough reading.

Thanks for the link Tom.

Peter