From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Steely.Mark
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2018 1:30 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: SPOOL Volumes

We are z/OS v2.2.  During a DR exercise most times a cold start is performed
for JES2. I noticed that a volume (that is currently online but not currently
used by JES2 in production)  was discovered and put into use by the JES2 cold
start.

This was not a problem at DR but is there a way to specify not to allocate this
volume during the cold start.  I know I could vary the volume offline , or
rename the dataset on the volume or rename the volume.

Any other ways to do this.

Thank You

Mark Steely
AAA - Auto Club Enterprises.
Mainframe Support
Phone: 469-221-7350    Email:
steely.m...@aaa-texas.com<mailto:steely.m...@aaa-texas.com>

*** Disclaimer ***
This communication (including all attachments) is solely for the use of the
person to whom it is addressed and is a confidential AAA communication. If you
are not the intended recipient, any use, distribution, printing, or copying is
prohibited. If you received this email in error, please immediately delete it
and notify the sender.

This email transmission and any accompanying attachments may contain CSX
privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the
intended addressee. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in
reliance on the contents of this email by anyone other than the intended
recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error
please immediately delete it and notify sender at the above CSX email address.
Sender and CSX accept no liability for any damage caused directly or indirectly
by receipt of this email.